Serve the City is an annual opportunity for our church to work in partnership with the City of Chesapeake to do projects to directly impact lives in our communities and neighborhoods. We have been partnering with Chesapeake in the neighborhood of Holly Cove for nine years, and we’re so excited to be there again. There is something for everyone to do like landscaping, playing with kids, and spending time with neighborhood families. Sign up to help below:
– Registration Tent – a friendly smiling face to greet volunteers as they arrive and answer any questions from the neighborhood residents that come by the tent.
– Trash clean up – walking the neighborhood in groups with trash bags to pick up litter from the streets, yards and alleyways.
– Lawn Care – basic lawn maintenance to include cutting grass, edging and weed eating.
– Landscaping – weeding flower beds, planting new flowers, installing mulch and in some cases creating new flower beds. Pruning bushes and shrubs if needed.
– Skilled Labor – anyone who has specific trade skills such as plumbing, electrical or HVAC.
– Set Up and Cooking – setting up tents, food areas and games for the event. Cooking, food preparation and serving the residents.
– Kids Activities – friendly smiling faces who love kids to interact with the children of the neighborhood, leading them in various activities that will be prepared for them, to include games and arts and crafts.
– Clean Up and Cooking – Cooking, food preparation and serving the residents. Cleaning up and packing up the tables, games, ect…